Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Stop that Music - Its Friday

It reads like this:

Dear Dr. Chhillar,

Several of your neighbors have complained to management regarding an issue that needs immediate resolution on your part. An excessive noise disturbance has been reported coming from your apartment involving: Loud radio on Friday, May 18th as late as 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm. It has also been brought to my attention that the police were called.

You may be aware that your “loud stereo” are carrying into the neighboring apartments, but please know that you are disturbing the sleep of your neighbors.

We respectfully call this matter to your attention because it is important that everyone courteously respects the other persons’ right to the quiet enjoyment of their residences.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation in resolving this matter.


Sincerely,

{Name}
Asst. Property Manager

I saw the letter, I mean the gentle warning from my apartment authority and the first word (actually three) came from me is ‘what the fuck??!!’

My loud stereo – that’s news to me – is disturbing the sleep of my neighbors. Dude, it’s FRIDAY – Friday evening – start of the weekend – you know a word call ‘weekend’ where you get two days holidays. And you are trying to sleep!!!!!!

And the ‘loud stereo’ {a Creative 3 piece 7 watt speaker} that even I find hard to listen from living room when it plays in my bedroom.

I got only four neighbors and all four them are – yes you guessed it right – Desis. And the entire problem ends there.

I never got this right – why and how Desis in US live life as if they are living in an Indian village. There are so many things to do and only thing you do is to go to nearby Desi store twice a week, see the next Indian movie in theater and going to Niagara Falls once in a year. That’s it. What a waste of life. Even in a place like Chicago you go to sleep before 11pm on Fridays. What a waste!!!

Earn money, then earn some more money and then go back to India once your girl child reaches six years. In the meantime you just earned some more money. Simple logic.
And then we die.

No comments: